Pinterest has a bad habit of making things looks soooo easy until you try them. I have that problem with wreaths. There are some really beautiful ones out there. I look at them and say “I can do that.” Then I try it. It isn’t that the results are bad (then I could at least tell you about that) but they are just ho hum.
I finally did a wreath that I think is worth talking about. Funny thing is that it isn’t from PInterest. It is actually from my own messy mind. I am still enthralled with paper punches so that was my starting point. What could I punch out that I could add to a wreath. Butterflies were my answer.
I started with a simple vine wreath and added some flowers across the bottom. That provided the bases for the butterflies. I used to two different punches to make them 3 dimensional. The bottom layer was a solid butterfly out of card stock and then a top layer with filigree wings made of patterned paper. I have to say I really liked that punch anywhere punch. I have to look for some more of them.
Figuring out just how to attach the butterflies to the wreath was the hard part. After trying several different methods that failed, I ended up poking two wholes in the body of the butterfly. I them took a small piece of jewelry wire, folded it in half and pushed the wire legs through the holes. Then I could use the wire to tie the butterflies to the vines.